Read & Study Isaiah 58:1-14 When we fast according to the fast that God has chosen:
• Our light shall break forth like the morning. • Our healing shall spring forth speedily. • Our righteousness shall go before us. • The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. • When we call, and the LORD will answer; when we cry, He will say, ‘“Here I am.” • If we extend our souls to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted people, then our light shall ….dawn in the darkness, and our darkness shall be as the noonday.
• The LORD will guide us continually. • He will satisfy our souls in drought. • He will strengthen our bodies. • We shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. • Those from among us shall build the old waste places.
• We shall raise up the foundations of many generations. • And we shall be called the Repairer(s) of the Breach, the Restorer(s) of Streets to Dwell …..In.Read & Study Joel 2:15-28 When we call a sacred time of prayer and fasting as a group:
• God will send us “grain, new wine and oil” & we will be satisfied. • God will drive our enemies far away from us. • He will cause the “rain” to come down for us. • Our harvest will be full of plenty.
• He will restore the years that have been stolen from us. • We shall eat in plenty and be satisfied. • We shall never be put to shame. • He will pour His Spirit out upon all flesh.
• Our children shall prophesy. • Our elders shall dream dreams and the younger ones shall see visions.